A blog that has relevant and valuable content will attract a clearly defined target audience for your law firm.
“Content Marketing,” a term that refers to the creation and sharing of content for the purpose of engaging your prospective clients.
Educating your potential clients on industry issues helps build your firm’s brand awareness and recognition as a thought leader and industry expert. The primary objective is the lead generation for new business opportunities.
Here are 5 steps for using content marketing to attract prospective clients:
- Define your target audience
- Write to what is of interest to them. Their important legal issues, challenges and questions, especially the ones you or your firm have particular expertise in.
- Create a blog as your central communication platform that becomes a repository of information, “a one stop shop” that provides consistent solutions and rich, helpful content
- Continually measure how well you’re doing and adjust as you go
- “Jump start” your blog’s traffic and accelerate its growth by repurposing content through other social media channels such as Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn using third-party tools to that help to make the process easy to manage and time efficient.